Insurance Loss ClaimsWe fully understand that dealing with an insurance loss and contracting to have a new roof system installed can be a confusing undertaking in any situation. MOKAN Home Improvement will assist you through the entire process and then complete a professional installation of a warrantied roofing system.
1. Roofing InspectionHave your roof inspected by a reputable contractor for storm related damage.
2. File A ClaimIf you have damage, contact your insurance claims department to file a claim and request that an insurance adjuster inspect your home. If you need help with this to answer questions to the claims department, we will be happy to assist you.
3. Set the Adjuster MeetingImportant: Be sure a MOKAN Home Improvement representative is on site when the adjuster makes their initial visit.
Once you hear from the adjuster, contact MOKAN Home Improvement to let us know when the adjuster meeting is. We will meet with the insurance adjuster to scope the damages. We are trained professionals and will insist on a fair and complete statement. After our initial meeting, the adjuster will determine a fair market value to repair the damage to your home. This value must include the rising costs of labor, materials, and the transfer of materials that will be incurred. MOKAN Home Improvement will then complete all work on the property loss worksheet for the amount the insurance company allows. MOKAN Home Improvement will process all checks which require endorsements from your mortgage company. Sit back, relax, and let your professional staff work through the insurance process and re-roofing project with experience and dedication to customer satisfaction.
4. Review Paper WorkAfter your insurance adjuster has inspected the property, you should receive paperwork outlining the damaged items. Once you receive this paperwork, contact a MOKAN Home Improvement Representative. We will review the documents to insure that all items have been paid for correctly. If so, we will schedule a time to meet with you to begin your material selection process. If not, we can go over your options to insure you receive the correct "Fair Market Value" Pricing you deserve from your insurance company.
5. Sign the Contract & Select MaterialsOnce your total claim value is settled, we will meet with you to sign your replacement agreement and get your material selection.
PRICE ADVANTAGESThe contract price will be equal to the amount of money allowed by the insurance company and never greater than that amount. In some cases, MOKAN Home Improvement standard pricing is greater than the insurance company will allow. We use an independent pricing guideline that provides industry standard "fair market value" pricing for all areas of the United States, and is recognized by most insurance companies. We can submit a supplement to the insurance company for their consideration to raise their pricing to the "fair market value."
Your total out of pocket cost is always known before signing a contract. MOKAN Home Improvement assumes any pricing risk involved in the installation of your new roof or other repairs. You know exactly what your expense will be.
6. Material Drop offOnce your material arrives onsite a representative from MOKAN Home Improvement will stop by to ensure all materials are on site needed for the replacement/repairs. At that time the first check actual cost value (ACV) received from the insurance company along with the deductible are due. At which point the crew will start the roofing within the first two weeks of first payment, weather permitting.
7. Roof InstallationWe will install your roof system to manufacturer's specifications, and to code within the city you live in.
8. Installation CompletionOnce the installation is complete, we will send an invoice to your insurance company to release your recoverable (RCV) depreciation and any supplemental amounts (if applicable).
9. Final PaymentOnce you have received your recoverable depreciation and any supplemental amounts (if applicable), contact us to schedule a time to collect your final payment. Once paid in full, your file will be sent to warranty processing. You should receive your warranty documents within 2-3 weeks via US Mail. You will also receive our certificate of warranty for workmanship.
With MOKAN Home Improvement you will receive:Limited Life Time Warranty of workmanship
Manufacturer's Warranty on Materials
Trained Crews who will install your new roof to manufacturer specifications
Trained and independent Licensed Adjuster on site to represent you (not the insurance company)
Insured with General Liability and Worker's comp
A trusted name in your area
Listed below are some documents that we recommend you read: